Mobile Instrument Amplifier/Cabinet combo prototype Version 1.1, evolving from AnywhereAmps Alpha.
- Difficulty: easy 2/5
- Cost: ~200€
- Time: 3h
Updates over Alpha 1.0:
- Add power supervisor circuitry to protect both amplifier and battery pack from abnormal voltage levels / currents
- Integrate on/off switch in potentiometer
- Reduce complexity by using high efficiency full-range speaker instead of 3-speaker 2-way system
- Add high efficiency switching buck converter to generate 9V effects voltage rail
- Save construction time by using custom printed circuit board featuring preamp, step-down converter, and power supervisor
- Save construction time by delegating most of the woodworks to a portal milling machine CNC1
This page is currently under development!
Building different variants this time for best audio capabilities.
- Alpha 1.0: 30W bridged amp, 4” bass and 2x piezo tweeters: HiFi-esque sound with punchy lows and clear highs, limited on the max volume side
- Alpha 1.1 v1: 30W bridged amp, 4” PA driver, good volume and high presence, but underrepresented lows and highs
- Alpha 1.1 v2: 30W bridged amp, 4” PA driver and passive membrane, fixing low-end
- Alpha 1.1 v3: 2x15W biamped, 2x3.2” mid-high speakers, 8” subwoofer - under construction
I’ll continue writing here once I selected the best variant.
Computerized Numerical Control ↩